A minor bugfix release for the 1.1.0 series was released today. Special thanks to the many contributors.
Finally the day has arrived when mms 1.1.0 has been released. After 9 release candidates the release is finally here. The last couple of months of only focusing on bugs has really payed off. Everyone was only fixing bugs which means that we where able to squaze in 67 bug fixes in 2 and a half month.
See photos of mms running in the flickr group.
Updated: Fixed a bunch of issues by using latest patch for mplayer from here.
I installed a nvidia 9400 fanless graphics card today. I’ve been hearing good things about the rate of their driver development so I thought I’d try it out. My experiences after having tried the latest 180.18 drivers is:
- A good deal of 1080p mkv’s still crashed after a second or so of playback. Even with the hack posted here.
- cpu usage is very low (max 20% and the cpu is at 1GHz)
I changed it to my default movie player in MMS to use vdpau by default with the following script to detect extension as vfm is not working yet. Linux kernel was 2.6.27-r2 in case anyone is interested.
Yesterday MMS 1.1.0 rc9 was released. This has been a long time coming and hopefully will be the last release candidate before MMS hits 1.1.0 final. Changes are all over the map, not that many big new shiny things, but a lot of bugfixes and rewritings of the internals of MMS.