So I’m back in Denmark. Niagara Falls was really something. It was especially beautiful one of the nights when they colored the sky with fireworks 🙂 I also liked New York a lot. The city felt more international than American mostly because of all the different cultures living together.
Ran into the bug described here today while cleaning up some code in mmsv2 1.1.0. Luckily I it manifested itself as a link error and not calls to strange functions I don’t want to be calling 8)
3 Days ago mmsv2 was 3 years old and now it seems that I have been a gentoo developer for more than a year. Ohh yeah and my real birthday was just last month 🙂
mmsv2 220.127.116.11 has been released. It should find its way to gentoo’s portage very soon. This release fixes troubles in playing discs of movie files.
I updated nanoblogger to latest cvs and added RSS feeds to the
different categories. Maybe I can get listed on planet gentoo now 🙂
There was some discussion on the MPlayer mailinglist about a new filter so I though I would check it out. I was in for quite a nice suprise. The filter is very effective in removing ugly artifacts from the mpeg family of codecs. The only downside is the massive CPU usage. You can try it with -vf fspp. The code is based on this paper.
Been cleaning up a lot of code in the mmsv2 1.0.2 branch. Please test it, especially if you have gcc 2.95.
Stumpled upon new FPS, Nexuiz, based on the ancient quake1 (GPL) engine but with lots of goodies added. Reminds me a lot of Quake1 and Quake3 and it generally looks promising (17 maps, 10 music tracks). Even worked on 64 bit with my Radeon 8500 using the built-in dri drivers 🙂
I have just released mmsv2 1.0.1. For more information refer to the mailing list. The new release has also been added to portage.
My friend Bo wanted to play magic online over apprentice today with me, so I installed mindless automaton to play with him. Apparently mindless doesn’t work 100% with amd64. It crashes when you either connect to another computer or wait for someone to connect to you. So I began investigating and came up with a patch. I had my old language patch applied to be able to write danish chars, but it didn’t work very well with an UTF-8 locale. So I had to redo the patch, which you can find here. It now works with UTF-8 and non UTF-8 locales 🙂